This post is obsolete : Please see e2m3u2bouquet homepage for latest version
Bit of a side project this one, but following recent developments seemed a shame not to be getting the best out of the VU+ solo2 box.
Long story short there are some good IPTV providers out there, however the offering enigma2 wise seems to be a giant m3u file that you import into a single bouquet or manually configure with E-channeliser. Both reasonable approaches but a bit lacking in usability and some what time consuming.
Anyway a couple of nights research and a bit of messing about and I have working script to convert an m3u into enigma2 bouquets, with *currently limited* UK EPG support.
So what does it do?
- Takes a single m3u file and creates enigma2 user bouquets based the m3u data
- Also creates unique service references for use with EPG importers
- Creates supporting files for EPG-Import plugin
NB: The script does not touch or change any of your existing bouquets
Where can i get it ?
How do i use it?
- download the above file
- unzip the e2m3u2bouquet.py file
- download your service providers m3u playlist from their site
- ftp the e2m3u2bouquet.py to your engima2 box along with the m3u file you have downloaded from your provider (i would suggest to /home/root)
- ssh to your enigma2 box (using putty or some thing similar)
- cd to the correct directory if you are not already there
- make script executable
chmod 777 e2m3u2bouquet.py
- run the script passing the name of your m3u file as a parameter
- if the above step fails try
python e2m3u2bouquet.py nameofyourfile.m3u
- reboot your enigma2 box
Additionally If you want epg data
- open EPG-Importer plugin (download it if you haven’t already got it)
- select sources (Blue button on openvix)
- enable the IPTV UK sources created by the script (only worth doing for UK channels currently as only rytec UK sources are currently included)
- Kick off a manual EPG import
How do I update my Channels
Download a new m3u file to your box and run the script again, this will wipe out all the previously created files and bouquets and redo the process.
I’ll look into automating this in the future time permitting.
How do I get rid of it ?
In the event that the changes are not for you simply run the script with an uninstall parameter, this will reverse all the changes made by the script
./ e2m3u2bouquet.py uninstall
EPG for foreign channels not supported (Not sure it will be)
EPG for UK channels hit and miss currently (about 50%) – some work to be done here, ill be looking into this next
PIC icons – Not currently supported
0.1 – Beta version for limited testing
Known supported boxes
VU Plus Solo2 / Openvix 5
VU PLus Duo / OpenVix
Xtrend 7500 OpenPli
ping me in the comments